Permission to Skate Forms (Hagersville Minor Hockey)

PrintPermission to Skate Forms

"AAA" Permission to Skate Forms

Any players interested in trying out for Hamilton AAA teams, from Major Novice to Major Midget, MUST get a Permission To Skate form from their home center. To receive your Permission To Skate form please email the following information to Dale Held at  [email protected]

Player's Name
Player's Address
Player's Date of Birth
Last Team played for
Team trying out for

Freedom of Choice Between Hamilton “AAA” Organizations - Pilot implemented for the 2019-2020 season

Click Here for Memo from the O.H.F.


NRP (Non-Resident Player) Forms 

Any players, Minor PeeWee or above, interested in trying out for A/AA teams MUST get an NRP Form from their home center. Atom aged players and below are not eligible to tryout for A/AA.

N.R.P. requests can be emailed to Dale Held [email protected] The email MUST include the name of player, address, date of birth.  Please indicate what you are requesting by letting me know which team you are planning to tryout for.  For N.R.P.'s you need you to indicate if he/she chooses AA or A. 

Tryouts for all centers will not begin until the conclusion of the OHF Championships for the 2018-2019 season. AA & A tryouts cannot start until AAA are finished.  Every player Minor Peewee and up is eligible to try out for an AA or an A team. Player requests a Non-Resident Passport (NRP) from their Home Centre if they wish to tryout for either AA or A hockey. The player under NO circumstances is permitted to try out for both. Players Novice and above wishing to attend a “AAA Zone” tryout will need to request a Permission to Skate.

The Process:

Player requests a Permission to Skate Form if they wish to tryout for AAA hockey.

Player requests a NRP (Minor Pee-Wee and Above) if they wish to tryout for either AA or A hockey.

Players in Hagersville can request an NRP (Minor Pee-Wee and Above) for an AA/A base centre of their choosing.  What exactly does that mean?  It means you can choose which centre you would like to use for your ONE NRP.

Novice & Atom aged players may only request Permission to Skates and tryout in Hamilton for AAA.

Minor Peewee and above can request an NRP & Permission to Skate.  You can request one or the other or both.  With the NRP you can ONLY tryout for one team EITHER A or AA.  If you request AA and tryout and you DO NOT make it.  You CANNOT come back and request another one to try out for A.  Only ONE NRP per player per year, these are OMHA rules.

Players can try out at AAA but this is not mandatory. Players can tryout at AA OR A (not both) and if they are not offered a spot on the AA or A team they return home. The AA or A team is allowed to only accept 3 NRP players. The player can not tryout for another AA or A team if cut.


Printed from on Monday, October 25, 2021 at 3:31 AM